Can you walk naked in Odessa at night?
There is a famous photograph of Helmut Newton (the greatest photographer of his time, who changed nude photography and the attitude towards it!) – “They’re coming!”
Now Pablo Incognito has his own “She’s coming!”
I’m sure if Helmut was alive, they would definitely meet with Pablo. They are so similar:
- They both love unusual filming locations.
- Their viewers are sometimes embarrassed and don’t know how to react to photos.
- They both idolize women and through photography show their natural sexuality and independence.
- Before shooting, they always communicate with their models, trying to understand their character and human qualities.
- Both are sure that in a woman it is not so much appearance that is important (breast size, hair color …) as charisma.
- They could always rely on their wives, muses and partners (Helmut on June Brown, Pablo on Iren Adler).
This short photo session was filmed on a warm autumn morning in the very center of Odessa, near the beautiful and famous Vorontsov Colonnade. It was a whole photo day – interesting, emotional and very difficult. In addition to this location, we visited many more (over time, you will see all of them on our website).
In these photos passers-by are very clearly visible (you have already noticed them yourself). Usually passers-by try not to get into the frame, they just watch. Here they do not even pay attention to a completely naked girl walking along the pavement in only shoes.
Odessans are accustomed to nudist beaches (they have existed since tsarist times, crowded and popular), filming a movie in the middle of the street (thanks to the Odessa Film Studio) and all sorts of antics of townspeople and guests of the city.
I love Odessa for its courage and emancipation!
See also the video backstage from this minute photoset:
Leave a Reply